This is an index or guide to resources on MP2Kmag and elsewhere regarding using MapPoint and Excel.
Searching for Help
First off - if you are having a specific issue or problem, try searching on this site in the MapPoint forums.
Likewise, use the Google search box at the bottom of this page and search all of MP2Kmag including the articles.
To get started with programming MapPoint via Excel VBA, see the tutorials which have appeared in the newsletters.
- Installment 1: Getting Started with MapPoint and Excel
- Installment 2: Mapping an Address
- Installment 3: Calculating the Distance Between Two Zip Codes
- Installment 4: Drawing Drive-time Zones
A number of articles on MP2Kmag use Excel in one way or another.
- Using MapPoint from Word, Access and Excel
- Determing the Time Zone in MapPoint
- Mapping Recent Earthquake Data
- Reverse Geocoding Spreadsheet - submitted by Len Boyer
- Pushpin Tool - commercial tool exports lat/lons to Excel
Other Excel Resources
For general Excel topics and help, see this terrific collection at Mr. Excel. Also, bookmark John Walkenbach's "The Spreadsheet Page".